Southern California’s largest boat sales event returns to the Fairplex in Pomona, offering boating and outdoor enthusiasts an opportunity to see, board, and buy new boats, and marine accessories
LOS ANGELES – The Los Angeles Boat Show takes place January 18-21, 2018 at the Fairplex in Pomona (1101 W. McKinley Ave., Pomona, CA 91768). Celebrating its’ 62nd year, the Los Angeles Boat Show is the ultimate destination for boating and outdoor lifestyle enthusiasts, featuring custom performance boats, ski boats, deck boats, personal watercraft, pontoons, sport fishing boats, runabouts, cabin cruisers, dinghies/inflatables, kayaks, stand-up paddleboards and marine accessories.
In the wake of last year’s historic rainfall, California’s lakes and rivers are at an all-time high, creating a watersports paradise. “Previously closed due to low water-levels, many boat launches throughout the state have reopened are now accepting entry for all types of vessels, personal watercraft, canoes and kayaks for a day out on the water,” said Los Angeles Boat Show CEO Duncan McIntosh. “According to the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), recreational boating is seeing its healthiest gains in nearly a decade, with sales on par to continue the trend through 2018.”
New to this year’s show, will be a representative from the California State Department of Boating and Waterways. As of January 1, 2018, boaters age 20 and under who are operating a motorized vessel on California waterways will be required to hold a California Boater Card. The card is a mandatory lifetime license required certifying the boater has passed a water-safety examination. In the upcoming years, the age of card-holders will increase from 20 in 2018 to all ages in 2025.
2018 Los Angeles Boat Show Highlights:
- Presented by the Lincoln Motor Company, Test drive the all new 2018 Lincoln Navigator at the Los Angeles Boat Show.
- Hundreds of boats for sale – New boats to fit a variety of budgets, lifestyles and experience levels
- Family Entertainment– Boating inspired workshops and activities for the kids
- New 2017 & 2018 Models from Top Manufacturers – MasterCraft, Robalo, Centurion, Avalon, SeaDoo, Shockwave, Chaparral, Boston Whaler, Crownline, Tige, Hallett, Malibu, Premier Pontoons, Bennington, Bentley Pontoons, Tracker, Larson, Crest, Defiance, Ranger, Scout, Yamaha, Regal, SeaRay, Colbalt, Bayliner, Hurricane, Quest, Southbay, Axis and many more.
- Affordability – Spending a day on the water is more affordable than ever, with entry level boats starting at $250 per month.
When: January 18-21, 2018
Where: Fairplex, Pomona
1101 W. McKinley Ave., Pomona, CA 91768
Admission: $15 for adults; youth 12 and younger accompanied by an adult free;
$5 discount to active and retired military with valid ID (at the box office)
Tickets can be purchased in advance at laboatshow.com or day-of-event at the box office.
|Thursday, January 18, 2018||Noon-8pm|
|Friday, January 19, 2018||10am-8pm|
|Saturday, January 20, 2018||10am-8pm|
|Sunday, January 21, 2018||10am-6pm|